Week Nine: A few expereiments

This week Binaisha and I decided to try some of the different experimentations developed from last week’s discussion, in order to see what did and didn’t work. We looked at different short stories and speeches to create more of a narrative. First, we used ‘The Cat in the Hat’, we took four pages from the book and translated them into emoji format. We left the original text on the pages and used an audio recording of Binaisha saying the emoji translations.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 1.42.13 pm.png

The second experiment we did was with wedding vows in emoji format. We projected an image of a couple making their vows with an audio recording of the emoji translation said by an automated voice.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 1.42.33 pm.png

From feedback, we found that dialogue worked better than a story narrative and that this week’s experimentations lacked communication and went in the opposite direction of what we intended to do.  We decided that the work from the previous week was stronger and more captivating than this week’s works. So, we decided to go back and build from that previous experimentation, looking more at a conversational dialogue conveying emotion and depth. We decided to try out different conversations and see what works best to show our concept.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s