Last week we discovered that the corridor effect was too confusing and the audience only focused on one side. So, we tested a single split screen to show both faces at once in one projection. This worked well and enabled the audience to see both sides of the conversation as well as the reactions to what has been said. We used chairs to invite the audience to stay and engage with the work.
After last weeks, discussions we moved towards using dialogue from retail using the Australian Youtube series ‘Rostered On’ as the basis for our script. Fromm the feedback we received this week it was found that the dialogue and the subtitles were too fast to keep up with and needed to be slowed down so the audience could process what was being said.
We also realised that we didn’t have a lot of facial expression like in the first iteration of the Friends scene. We realised we need to reincorporate the overacting into the work. We also need to fix lighting issues, and record on a black background to focus on just the face.
Over the next week, Binaisha and I will reshoot the footage making sure we slow it down and add more reactions to make it easy to follow and more engaging.