Final Outcome

 My last few attempts at creating in Unreal Engine were quite successful, i think I’m just starting to get a hang of how to make things. I continued to build the house from the previous post, adding windows, doors and furniture using the pre-made blueprints. The photos and video below show the product of my…

The value of Patience

In my next attempts at creating in Unreal Engine i decided to try and create a basic house. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but i was pleased with my efforts. I used the box shape to make the walls and floor, and used the materials in the content folder to add texture…

Week 13: Progress

Moving on from last week, we moved away from the corridor style space and hung a black sheet to create a walk around space. We moved the projectors so that they projected onto opposite sides of the sheet, and moved the soundboards underneath the sheet to bring the audio and visual into one focal point.…

Who turned out the light?

Finally after getting a laptop that actually works I made my first attempts at learning how to create in Unreal Engine 4. Before getting started I watched a few YouTube videos and went through some of Unreal Engines tutorials to get an understanding of how the program works. I didn’t understand a lot of the…

Week 12: Continued Experimentation

Continuing on from last week Binaisha and I finished building the soundboards with help from Glenn. We tested it with the sounds we had used previously whilst the others edited new video and audio. For the video we decided to focus on just the face with a neutral expression and manipulating lighting to create shadows,…

Week 11: Sound boards

This week Binaisha and I focused on refining the spatial elements in regards to sound, looking into Matt’s suggestion of using pipes to make a connection between the projections and draw them closer. As we couldn’t find any pipes long enough we decided to play around with smaller pipes and speakers. We played with the…

Week 10: A slow beginning

As only half the group was there this week we decided to focus on the spatial element of our work. Based on suggestions made from last week, we decided to test the corridor style layout. We mounted the projectors on to the ceiling and projected onto opposite walls in the gallery space, and placed the…